Twin Ports Dog Training Club will be holding our 75th Anniversary celebration with a breakfast, Annual Meeting with year-end awards and FUN MATCH on Saturday, October 16th and we encourage everyone to attend!! 9:00 am Breakfast (no charge) and registration opens for the Fun Match. $10 per run. 10:00 am Annual Meeting with year end awards, including awards for those that have earned AKC Obedience and Rally titles. 11:00am FUN MATCH! Obedience judged by Jo Thompson and Rally judged by Irene Mullauer. Please call Anne Mayall at 218-343-8394 if you will be joining us for breakfast and any questions.
ANNOUNCEMENT! All Beginner classes are now full for Fall session!
We have made the decision to again offer another Beginner Obedience class on Tuesdays at 5:15pm. Class size is limited to 15. Mail-in only! To sign up for this class, please go to the forms tab to download and print the Beginner application. Please mail application along with your payment to the address listed on the bottom of the form. Be sure to specify Tuesday 5:15 class. This class is full!
Registration is now open for our Fall session. Register now, as class sizes will be limited.
Tues Oct 5 & Thurs Oct 7 – Beginner Orentation
Mondays Puppy Class 6:00 – 7:00 October 11 – November 1 This class is full!
Open/Utility 7:15 – 8:15. October 11 – November 29
Tuesdays CGC 6:30 – 7:15 October 12 -November 30
Beginners 5:15 – 6:15 October 12 – November 30 This class is full!
Beginners 7:30 – 8:30 October 12 – November 30 This class is full!
Wednesdays Rally 6:00 – 7:00 October 6 – November 24
Thursdays Beyond Beginners 5:30 – 6:15 October 14 – Dec 9
Competition Novice 6:30 – 7:15 October 14 – Dec 9
Beginners 7:30 – 8:30 October 14 – Dec 2 This class is full!
In keeping with current CDC recommendations we will be requiring masks and will be limiting class sizes.
All subject to change if new state regulations are implemented due to Covid prior to start of classes
COVID-19: What you need to know
We’ve been working hard to provide the safest possible environment for everyone returning to TPDTC. Please help by adhering to the following requirements:
Before you come to the club:
- Self-screen for any symptoms of COVID-19 (source: CDC):
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- If you exhibit any of these symptoms, DO NOT COME to TPDTC.
When you arrive at TPDTC:
- Wear an appropriate face covering (cloth mask, scarf, bandana, face shield). This is required. Guidelines may be changed or updated to this policy.
- Arrive just before your class and leave immediately afterward. Avoid lingering inside the facility.
- Go straight to the training floor once you have checked in. Benches on training floor can be used for your jackets, training bags etc.
- Practice social distancing at all times, maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet from others.
- Practice good hygiene. Wash/sanitize your hands frequently and avoid touching your face. Look for the hand sanitizer stations throughout the club. Sanitize your hands before and after handling clean-up mops and bucket lids, trash can lids or other items.
- ONLY one handler per dog and if a minor is training ONLY 1 parent/guardian, please. We need to limit the number of people in the building.
Our precautions meet or exceed the State’s requirements.
Thank you for helping us keep you and all our members and staff healthy and safe!
Questions please email: email@example.com
-Beginner Classes start 10/5/21 or 10/7/21 at 7:30 pm. Cost for the 8 week session is $100.00. PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED! CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED! Forms can be located under the “Forms” tab.
-Advanced Classes (CGC, Novice, Competition Novice, Open, and Utility). Rally. Conformation. Please see individual class description for cost and start date under the Class Information tab.
-Puppy Class begins 10/11/21 at 6:00 pm. PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED! CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED! Forms can be located under the “Forms” tab. Cost is $50.00.
Twin Ports Dog Training is offering small dog agility training in partner with the Arrowhead Small Dog Agility Associations. Arrowhead Small Dog Agility Assoc. is a member of the national Teacup Dog Agility Organization which offers agility trials for dog generally under 21” at the withers, https://www.k9tdaa.com . In Teacup Agility the equipment is smaller, and the ring is smaller than regular agility. The skills and action remain the same. Many dogs do both Teacup and regular agility.
Classes are starting October 10th and go through December 5th, Sunday mornings, cost is $62 for the 9 week session, payable the first day of class or $10 per day. Advanced 9:30 to 10:30, Beginners 10:45 to 11: 45, Foundation 12:00 to 1:00.
Remember there is a 20 person limit in the building due to Covid.
If you don’t know which class is for you, or any other questions, contact Judy Casserberg through email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 218-834-5967.
-Video Trick Dog Testing
Handlers, please contact Judy Csserberg by message, phone at 218-834-5957, or by e-mail at email@example.com, once you have made your payment, for further instructions. Payment information is located on the menu page. Cost is $20.00 per test.